Healthy Lawn Care Tips
Keep your lawn healthy using good maintenance practices
- FEED your lawn with compost and leave grass clippings where they fall for nutrient recycling.
- If the soil is compacted, AERATE in the fall. This helps oxygen, water and nutrients reach the roots.
- MOW HIGH to promote vigorous growth, prevent weeds and discourage insect pests.
- WATER DEEPLY and infrequently to promote deep roots. Too much water starves the soil of oxygen and invites disease.
- OVERSEED thinned areas or choose alternative ground covers in difficult spots.
- REPLACE grass with paving stones or mulch in heavy traffic areas.
- CHECK the lawn regularly to detect pests and other problems early.
- DISCOVER that healthy lawns are less susceptible to pest problems.
- ENJOY! A healthy lawn is an ideal place to relax.
Call Turf King Lawn Care Experts for your lawn in Oakville, Grimsby, Dundas, Mount Hope