Improve Your Soil’s Organic Matter with dry Leaf Compost - WEED FREE!
Organic Matter Supplements the Health of Your Soil
Better Lawns with Turf King’s Concentrated Leaf Compost with Wood Ash
- Organic matter is known to increase soil water-holding capacity, resulting in increased drought tolerance and higher irrigation efficiency.
- Organic matter also acts as a food source for increased microbial activity. This reduces thatch problems.
- Boosting Organic matter by 1% can increase drought tolerance by 50%.
- Organic matter increases soil nutrient holding capacity, maximizing plant nutrient uptake.
- Organic matter acts as a chelator (a holder) of nutrients, holding them in the root zone when otherwise they would be leached from the soil.
- A healthier lawn resisting pests and disease results from improved soil
Benefits of a Dry Compost -
- Dry compost solids mean lower rate of application vs. wet compost.
- Granular product allows the use of fertilizer spreader and wide application swath vs. a specialized compost drop spreader or fork and rake.
- Reduced labour, no compost pile in the yard, etc. Is applied with a fertilizer spreader
- No smell when wet because it does not contain animal by-products or manure. Contains little water (10%) vs. regular compost (can be up to 50%).
- Environmentally friendly to your grass.
- Does not contain processed sewage.
- Safe around children and pets.
- Non-polluting, safe around lakes and streams.
- Does NOT contain Weed Seeds.
- To stimulate microbial activity where soil health has been compromised by chemical fertilizer and pesticide usage.
- On sandy and low organic matter soils.
- On heavy soils to promote improved tilth.
- At grass seeding for improved establishment.
- Can be applied at any time, spring and/or fall is typical, with aeration is also good.
- Any place where compost is needed to improve the soil Organic Matter status, tilth, water holding capacity and soil quality.
- This product should be used as part of a complete lawn fertility program.
If you have a lawn/tree/shrub that needs some Tender Loving Care- get The KING OF GREEN: